Sign in to follow this  
Topless69GT

White deluxe interior

I got the swatch from TMI the other day and it matches the seat upholstery, so that is the color TMI intended. However my door panels, quarter trim upholstery, and convertible top well liner got here today and they do not even come close to the seats. All the other pieces match each other including the convertible top and are the color that I expected on the seat upholstery. It makes the seat upholstery really look out of place.

I guess since TMI claims that their seat color is correct, I will have to return them and go with a different brand. I have had good luck with TMI in the past but not on this project.

Yes off white. Installed new interior from NPD, door panels from Dashes Direct (hard plastic backing) a couple of years ago, everything matches nicely.

Edited by rmarks

Creamy off-white is what everything else is (other than the seat upholstery) and what I was expecting. TMI actually is looking into the color since I finally spoke to someone higher up than the customer service rep. They told me it should come real close to matching everything else I have and should not look tan or yellow against those items. They said the correct color should have a pearly look to it and I totally agree.

I was begining to think I was being a pain in the butt about this, but I feel much better now since it is very obvious something is off with the seat color. I think NPD thinks I am crazy. All they did was verify the part number on the box I received and they keep telling me it is correct since the box code is correct.

I have the same problem with my TMI seat cover and I would know what to do now that my buddy has just finished the work on the seat, they looks more beige than white.

I haven't repaint the interior plastic parts yet and it's not a problem because I will do the right paint by myself but how I can repaint my new door panels?

the door panel material cover seems a rubber sheet and not leather as the original, so guys what is your experience with this issue?

Quite honestly we have higher standards than the factory did back then. Many survivor examples show off shades. Dash, seats, door panels, carpets, steering wheels, kick panels, carpet... Blues were horrible almost every part listed above were different shades. That being said I will be doing a Pony interior restore on a earlier model in a few years and plan on ordering a complete set all at once from NPD.

True dat FRH.

Paolo you can use a vinyl dye for door panels, but I still don't know if you could match the color to the upholstery. You may have to try a dye from different manufacturers. I know the interior pieces I have painted thus far look rear close in shade to your upholstery pics. Bruce