Sign in to follow this  
relic1864

rocker molding question

The front end of the molding is detached by removing a nut accessible from inside the wheel well. The rear is held on by a Phillips head screw. Once these are removed gently use a twisting motion (bottom up) to unsnap the molding off of the plastic body clips. A plastic body filler spreader inserted carefully under the lower edge of the molding can also be used to snap it off the clips.

Regards,

T.

you can use a spot weld buster to get rid of them real quick vegas - just tapped it off with a hammer and then weld up the holes.

Perfect....add it to the list of holes to fill...all emblems, and badges staying off also.

I'm also having trouble with the little corner chrome accents in the bottom of the rear 1/4 windows. Is there a nut on the post for those?

Finally - a stance that looks like it has some muscle! So many folks these days want to cut coils off and lower these cars to where the wheels are up in the fenders. That coupe looks like it has a very healthy stance. Love the black wheels too. very nice.

Still waiting on the answer on those 1/4 window chrome accents. Mine need to be replaced too.....

J

Finally - a stance that looks like it has some muscle! So many folks these days want to cut coils off and lower these cars to where the wheels are up in the fenders. That coupe looks like it has a very healthy stance. Love the black wheels too. very nice.

Still waiting on the answer on those 1/4 window chrome accents. Mine need to be replaced too.....

J

Thanks for the compliments. I spend a lot of time looking at lowered cars and thinking about the stance of mine. This is the setup from the previous owner who replace much of the front suspension. I'm putting the Maier one-piece apron and spoiler on after I sand and spray. Need to see how it looks before I consider any ride height.

The rims will probably change, but definitely keeping them black. More meat on the rear for sure also.

*end of thread hijack*