Sign in to follow this  
StephenC

Gotta love CJ Pony Parts!

Just place an order with them for 2 Door shells 2 fender aprons and a trunk lid since there doing the 15% off sale till Feb 28th it saved me $130 off my total invoice plus free shipping! Now I cant wait to get all my parts so I can finish putting my car all back together!

Measure the doors. The ones I bought were way off the factory ones and had to have alot of work done to them. Good luck

-John

Damn I hope not I already skinned my old doors and threw them away. Lets hope they fixed that problem

I like CJ to, but I ask more questions now before I order after a recent experience. I ordered a carburetor rebuild kit for a 735 cfm Holley on my Cobra Jet, and they sent me a NAPA kit instead of Holley. The NAPA kit has some parts wrong and some gaskets the wrong shape/size. It may work fine, but I'm a little weary of trying it.

I hope your luck is better than mine with those chain stores and their carb kits. A few carbs back (03 or 04), I took the carb with me so all the numbers could be read to get the right kit, and they still gave me the wrong one. It was towards the end of reassembly and the last few parts were different, I gave it a try, and it didn't work. Of course you can't return it if it's been opened, so I had to eat it. Now I just go to speed shops to get the rebuild kits, they sell the real Holley kits, and if they screw it up (which none have) they are more willing to correct the issue at no cost to me.

I hope you have good luck with the skins as well. A friend of mine is a body guy and restores several Mustangs and he hates door skins. He said that most of the time they aren't worth the effort. He always prefers reapairing the original door skins whenever possible. He's run into problems with after market doors as well not being the same length as orignal.

I hope you have good luck with the skins as well. A friend of mine is a body guy and restores several Mustangs and he hates door skins. He said that most of the time they aren't worth the effort. He always prefers reapairing the original door skins whenever possible. He's run into problems with after market doors as well not being the same length as orignal.

I would of liked to try and salvage mine but they were toasted and when I took off the skin of the passenger side it looked like at some point did a partial patch of the upper part and didn't bother to try and make it look good so they threw 10LBS of body filler on it to get the lines straight