Sign in to follow this  
mid-tn-mustang

heater box install?

got those in after reading on the board. The blower motor has a plate on it that closes the larger opening that the squirrel cage goes in. Is there a plate on the inside and the outside of the firewall. Mine seems to want to go in between the cage and the blower motor and then be on the inside of the firewall and then just have the studs poke through the firewall and place nuts on them. All the pictures i can find have the ac version and it appears to have a plate on the outside.

thanks again

From yours pics it looks like there is no additional plate on the firewall. That looks like what I have.

Any pics of what the interior plenum looks like. I do not have the console. I have the v shaped plastic plenum that goes on top to the defrost but I am missing what goes into the side of the box.

thanks

From yours pics it looks like there is no additional plate on the firewall. That looks like what I have.

Any pics of what the interior plenum looks like. I do not have the console. I have the v shaped plastic plenum that goes on top to the defrost but I am missing what goes into the side of the box.

thanks

I have my lower dash in but I can try to get some pictures...

Here is the peice on ebay that you are missing it splits the heat to the driver and pass feet http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-1970-Mustang-Shelby-Cougar-ORIG-HEATER-CNTR-PLENUM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255f56b38bQQitemZ160513307531QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They do not from what I know make a repop of this piece yet so you will have to buy one used.

i just happen to take these this weekend.

there is no additional plate on the engine side of the firewall.

this gets installed as a unit to the main part of the heater box assembly.

IMG_0726.jpg

this assembly just goes completely on the inside

IMG_0729.jpg

I saw some pictures of cars with ac and it looks like the have a plate on the engine bay side of the firewall and that confused me. Appreciate the pictures. What goes into the side of the box? The service manual has a picture with a plenum that looks like a 65/66 plenum but that is not correct. My car came disassembled but had a piece with a DIZA designation on it but I don't think it is correct either. NPD has a plenum but mentions it is for console diverter.

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I will be asking more questions as I am new to the 69/70 cars