Sign in to follow this  
Junior2561

What Brand Paint ???

I work for a BASF body shop, but wanted to see what brands you guys prefer to spray?? I'm going to be looking for an epoxy primer, building primer, sealer, color and clear of course. Just wanted to hear some different opinions besides the one sides BASF salesmen i deal with daily.

My opinion may not count since I have only painted one car, and have no basis for comparison. But I used eastwood epoxy primer, base and clear coat. I used evercoat G2 for the poly primer. The base/clear turned out really nice, and I will use it again. The epoxy worked well also, but it was slow setting up at 70 degrees. The G2 was good too. Sanded really easy. The only problem I had with the poly was with the gun. I got a cheap gun with a big tip, and it just didn't work right (long story.)

I have been painting since I was 16, my preference is DuPont. They have mostly gone to water based paint now, however, if you don't have the proper equipment to spray water based paint they do have a line called NASON that you can use.

My second preference would be Sikkens.

+1 For Eastwood epoxy primer its also the only primer I've ever used so nothing to compare it too but worked good for me. I haven't got to the paint stage yet on my 69 Fastback but I have used PPG products in the past with good results but I'm thinking of trying HOK or SEM because I've heard good things and have seen good results with there products.

I have used Nasons and it seemed ok, my first mustang was sprayed in 1989 with ppg- Before I sold it in 2000 I still got comments like "when did you paint this car" (as in it still looked that fresh) So I will prob go with ppg for the current stang