Sign in to follow this  
pw520a

390 intake manifold and carb

Awesome, thanks jholmes217, you can count on that beer any time!

I'm only new to the Mustang world, always had Aussie Falcon V8's before my first American car. And I agree, this site is quite friendly. I think the Mustang community as a whole as been quite friendly compared to some other car forums.

Awesome, thanks jholmes217, you can count on that beer any time!

I'm only new to the Mustang world, always had Aussie Falcon V8's before my first American car. And I agree, this site is quite friendly. I think the Mustang community as a whole as been quite friendly compared to some other car forums.

Another intake manifold worth considering for your application is the old Edelbrock Streetmaster 390. It would need port matched to your Cobra Jet heads to get the most out of it, but it ranked right up there with the Blue Thunder and Performer RPM in the intake manifold comparison referenced earlier in the thread. They go for between $125-$200 on Ebay for one that has been cleaned up. I picked one up for $150 that still had a Holley 600 cfm carb on it. It will work with a shaker no problem.

Another intake manifold worth considering for your application is the old Edelbrock Streetmaster 390. It would need port matched to your Cobra Jet heads to get the most out of it, but it ranked right up there with the Blue Thunder and Performer RPM in the intake manifold comparison referenced earlier in the thread. They go for between $125-$200 on Ebay for one that has been cleaned up. I picked one up for $150 that still had a Holley 600 cfm carb on it. It will work with a shaker no problem.

Ah ok, another choice is great to know!

So it allows the carby to sit in the standard position? I wonder why they made the change with the Performer RPM then so the carby sits back?

Ah ok, another choice is great to know!

So it allows the carby to sit in the standard position? I wonder why they made the change with the Performer RPM then so the carby sits back?