Sign in to follow this  
dpuwookie79

Wookie's 69 vert

The front end has been a completely different story. The chrome molding reproduction parts that go around the headlight buckets/hood have been terrible. I broke one of them trying to get it to hug the bucket. These are just going to take time... they don't respond well to pressure :(

The front end has been a completely different story. The chrome molding reproduction parts that go around the headlight buckets/hood have been terrible. I broke one of them trying to get it to hug the bucket. These are just going to take time... they don't respond well to pressure :(

wookie your Vert is looking great. What is that blue called & who is it made by? I had a 2000 Ford Ranger that looked the exact same shade blue & it was called bright island blue.

wookie your Vert is looking great. What is that blue called & who is it made by? I had a 2000 Ford Ranger that looked the exact same shade blue & it was called bright island blue.

It's called grabber blue. I believe it was "J code" on the 1970 mustang. It wasn't available in '69... but hey, it looks great and that's why I went with it :)

It's called grabber blue. I believe it was "J code" on the 1970 mustang. It wasn't available in '69... but hey, it looks great and that's why I went with it :)

I ended up making an aluminum support to sit on top of the upper screws in each of the molding pieces. It drew them both closer to the bucket, but it's still not perfect. I think I'm going to settle with this for now and see what it looks like after sitting out in the sun when the weather is right. It might form a little better. I finally got the replacement piece in for the drivers side molding in, so here are a few pic updates! I hope to have the rest of the front end together this weekend!

I ended up making an aluminum support to sit on top of the upper screws in each of the molding pieces. It drew them both closer to the bucket, but it's still not perfect. I think I'm going to settle with this for now and see what it looks like after sitting out in the sun when the weather is right. It might form a little better. I finally got the replacement piece in for the drivers side molding in, so here are a few pic updates! I hope to have the rest of the front end together this weekend!

Front end back together... decided to take her for a spin. She is driving great!

Would any of you guys who have the front lower scoop/air dam comment on how it's attached? The kit I bought came with a dozen screws and 3 large bolts that go through the factory connections to the valence. I have the larger bolts attached through the valance... it just seems odd to use the small screws they included too. Thanks!

Edited by dpuwookie79

Front end back together... decided to take her for a spin. She is driving great!

Would any of you guys who have the front lower scoop/air dam comment on how it's attached? The kit I bought came with a dozen screws and 3 large bolts that go through the factory connections to the valence. I have the larger bolts attached through the valance... it just seems odd to use the small screws they included too. Thanks!

Edited by dpuwookie79