Sign in to follow this  
vettist

brakes

i have problems that my rear breakes locks up in hard braking and the front seems to have very little effect, the car has now power discs but came with power drums.the pedal only need a feathers touch to react and the brake light only works on much higher pedal force.anyone been there?:helpsmilie:

Sounds like it could be something with the proportioning valve? Try adjusting it and/or replacing it. Thats were I would start at least. Proportioning valve is on the driver side inside fender right next to the master cylinder. Also does it have a brake booster?

Sounds like it could be something with the proportioning valve? Try adjusting it and/or replacing it. Thats were I would start at least. Proportioning valve is on the driver side inside fender right next to the master cylinder. Also does it have a brake booster?

how do i adjust the valve and yes i do have a booster

If you have a stock distribution block with proportioning valve, then there is no adjustment. If you have an aftermarket one, then its simply a matter of twisting the knob until you get even braking.

If you have a stock distribution block with proportioning valve, then there is no adjustment. If you have an aftermarket one, then its simply a matter of twisting the knob until you get even braking.

+1 on that. I put an SSBC proportioning valve on when I did my brakes.

Maybe the valve needs to be centered? I have read that some times you get the compalint your describing when the valve needs to be centered?

have some one pump the brakes, then crack a line at the master Cyl, i think that is the description of how to center it....Some one else chime in plz :LOL