Sign in to follow this  
Ignacio

Junkyard question

Hey everyone, I will be in Miami next week and I wanted to check some of the local Junkyards to see if I find some of the parts i am missing for the restoration. Can somone point me out some good junkyards to check in the zone where they could have 69 stangs?

You're not going to find anything in the Miami area that has classic stangs in it. And if you do, it will be 1 car, maybe 2 at the most. I went to law school at the University of Miami and just graduated. In my 3 years there I came across one 66 coupe and one 72 fastback in a junkyard after calling around from West Palm to Homestead.

The days of walking into your local Pick A Part and finding muscle cars is long gone. I can't begin to tell you all the parts my buddies and I got in the 80's out of junkyards. 69 Mustang fold down back seat complete with interior panels $25, complete 70 Mustang disc brake setup with booster for $50, 428 non CJ engines complete $75, 429 SCJ motor with 4 speed flywheel complete from carb to oil pan $75, 9" Mustang or Cougar rearends $40, Cobrajet small block C6 transmissions with the 10" torque converter and special flexplate $50, Buick GS ram air hoods and ram air filter housings $50. All gone now. Remember these cars are 40+ years old now. They're worth more now for a private party to sell them no matter how rough than the $75 you'll get for scrap value the junkyard is going to give you.

Click on CJPony parts website and go to their salvage yard. You can view online their lot of wrecked mustangs on line. Kind of neat to look at I think and you might find what you are looking for.

I've actually called and e-mailed about parts but always receive the same answer "nope, don't have any"...or "none worth salvaging"...of course, I'm always asking for stuff that needs cut out or off, not bolt on parts.

Forget Mustang Masters. Not only are the guys who work there asshats, but their prices are beyond ridiculously high.

oh, lol... just passsing on from an old thread. I'm in NY so it's just a list to me. There's hardly yards left up here with 80's cars much less 60's!

oh, lol... just passsing on from an old thread. I'm in NY so it's just a list to me. There's hardly yards left up here with 80's cars much less 60's!

Yeah, I've had several experiences with them over the years. The guys who work for them (which I think are the family members of the owners) are clueless. They do the Moultrie, GA show twice a year and whenever you ask for info or a price on anything, they always have to call someone to find out. But because they're all calling that same person for prices, you wait forever just to find out they want $450 for a 67/68 instrument cluster clock that is missing the knob. And every time you ask for a price or info, they give you this look like they're annoyed you even asked. They also like to talk down to you. I have also read several horror stories over the years on the stang forums about how people have gotten ripped off or been sold the wrong parts (and paid top dollar for it to boot). It sucks because they really do have a vast selection of awesome/hard to find parts, but they have those because they've been collecting them for so long and holding out for beyond top dollar.