Sign in to follow this  
82stangracer

quarter panel scoops

The chrome is the weak link. The scoops aren't too hard to find on eBay or the local swap meet but most of them will have cracked, pitted, or missing chrome. Unless you can get lucky at a swap meet, the repops are expensive.

The chrome is the weak link. The scoops aren't too hard to find on eBay or the local swap meet but most of them will have cracked, pitted, or missing chrome. Unless you can get lucky at a swap meet, the repops are expensive.

I have a pair of '69 sportsroof quarter panel scoops without the inserts. They are sitting in my closet and I was planning on throwing them on ebay one of these days. If you are interested, let me know. They are already stripped and in fine condition. Also, I see a pair on ebay selling of $150, which seems a bit steep.

I have a pair of '69 sportsroof quarter panel scoops without the inserts. They are sitting in my closet and I was planning on throwing them on ebay one of these days. If you are interested, let me know. They are already stripped and in fine condition. Also, I see a pair on ebay selling of $150, which seems a bit steep.

Chrome?

I think some people here are talking about coupes, and some are talking about sportsroofs.

definately, this is what happens when a thread is hijacked. I think I have both kicking around, someone needs to post in the wanted ads so it's a little more clear whom needs what and what they are willing to pay.

Chrome?

I think some people here are talking about coupes, and some are talking about sportsroofs.

definately, this is what happens when a thread is hijacked. I think I have both kicking around, someone needs to post in the wanted ads so it's a little more clear whom needs what and what they are willing to pay.

Yeah, that was my bad. The OP was talking about a sportsroof.

no, I think it was hawkdriver actually who did it admittedly. ;)

forgiven, but a good example...:whistling:

I see he took my suggestion and posted in the wanted ads though... so kudos for that... but now I have to go rummage in the attic though... and it's record heat this week!

Edited by Fordrevhead

Yeah, that was my bad. The OP was talking about a sportsroof.

no, I think it was hawkdriver actually who did it admittedly. ;)

forgiven, but a good example...:whistling:

I see he took my suggestion and posted in the wanted ads though... so kudos for that... but now I have to go rummage in the attic though... and it's record heat this week!

Edited by Fordrevhead

sorry. hadn't been on in a while. wife and i went to florida for 4yr anniversary and i been busy. i bought a set off of ebay for $50 right after i posted originally. i think it was a good price bc they are in purty good shape. just a very small amount of pitting. i'm thinking that they didn't get bid on by other people bc they were kinda hid. they were listed as louvers instead of scoops.

Edited by 82stangracer