Sign in to follow this  
zach69grande

Does anyone else's radiator gurgle?

The mustang sat outside today - it was about 90 out. we went in her car to visit the folks, came back.. and the radiator in the mustang is making this gurgling.. burping noise..

There is one tiny coolant leak where the hose goes in to the thermostat housing.

other than that no drips, no leaks.. coolant level is fine.

Drove it to work a few days last week - no gurgling or burping.

any thoughts?

spooky .. sounds like your car was a little pissed you had left her alone for 3 days.

it sounds like with the small leak you have that in 3 days there was enough air that got in to reduce the pressure to where the heat of the day got the coolant to heat up enough to almost boil. I believe as long as the pressure stays high enough that you won't get the gurgles.

well you need one degree change in heat to change the volume of the water that's in your radiator. if water seeps out .. air seeps in. Air changes volume much easier than water. Fix the leak and put in coolant would fix your issue. Just my 2 cents.

it's a San Jose car... it may indeed have a taste for burritos ...:euro: thanks for the input folks- i'll try cinching down that hose at the thermostat housing and checking the fluids and hit back if the issue persists.

Rad cap is new, oil and coolant don't look tainted... i'll psyche it out eventually..