Sign in to follow this  
ausstang

Master Power Brakes REAR DRUM UPGRADE KIT

Has any one fitted one of these 11" kits to their car, I am really interested in some feed back. Are the improvements noticable & worth the money.

I would really like to stay with the original look & my original brakes are shot, so it's a good time to consider an upgrade. Any other suggestions welcome, cheers Vic.

Hey guys, I ordered the kit today but have another question. I was doing some research on the install and came across a Mustang Monthly article that said that an indexing spacer was needed for proper drum alignment. Did you guys need to use this spacer and if so where did you buy it from?

Thanks for the help

Hey guys, I ordered the kit today but have another question. I was doing some research on the install and came across a Mustang Monthly article that said that an indexing spacer was needed for proper drum alignment. Did you guys need to use this spacer and if so where did you buy it from?

Thanks for the help

I just installed my Master Power 11" rear brakes last week. I have posted some pics to my album so take a look. As far as an indexing spacer, there is a round centering ring you have to use to make sure the drums are centered on the axles. The ring mounts in the center hole of the drum and slides over the axles. Piece of cake.

My car isn't back on the road yet, but I'm sure they will be real stoppers as others have said. Bruce