Sign in to follow this  
02Lightning

How do I tighten my passenger mirror up?

Reproduction of what style? Is it just the lens or the whole mirror? Remote driver or regular driver/passenger? What color? OK, we don't need that last one but a little more info might help!

Sorry my previous suggestion did not work, it has been a while since I worked on mine. Can the mirror be taken out of the housing by undoing the small screw and then somehow tightening up the pivot assembly? Just searching for a suggestion.

I think there are some screw that can tighten it up. You should see the screw if you turn the mirror and look between the housing.

No, that screw just holds the mirror to the housing. You take that screw out and the mirror separates from the housing. To fix this I took it apart and put rubber cement around the ball and socket, that seemed to do the trick.

The man that restored my car told me that he got a small tip metal punch. He hit the punch around the ball that the mirror turns on. By doing that the punch raises the edges where the punch dinted in. By doing this it made the ball tighter and kept the mirror in place. The mirror needs to be turned before you punch it so the punch marks are kind of on the ball where the mirror sits and not punched where they are too far out. When you re adjust the mirror the ball with the punch marks are far enough under that tte raised marks hold the mirror tighter. Hope this makes since but mine is tight where before it was loose.