Sign in to follow this  
hawkdriver

Aftermarket Gauges

Ok im looking at adding a few afteramarket gauges ie. water/oil and volt, as i cannot accurately tell anything with the factory gauges. The question is mounting. I have not heard good things about the pillar pods. Anyone have any pics of they mounting solutions?

I bought pillar pods from a popular outlet and test fitted them before hooking up gauges. The ones i bought fit terribly. Way too much side gap. If someone can make one to fit like the original pieces, i would buy it.

The problem with pillar pods is they just dont look right in a classic car unless its an all out restomod. Ive used several in my other newer satngs but would never think of using them in my mach. Alas, Im in the same boat with no where to put a set. Im thinkin of removing the ashtray and trying to fit 3 in there.

Ok im looking at adding a few afteramarket gauges ie. water/oil and volt, as i cannot accurately tell anything with the factory gauges. The question is mounting. I have not heard good things about the pillar pods. Anyone have any pics of they mounting solutions?

This is what i ended up doing w/ my gauges ...