Sign in to follow this  
rangerdoc

What buzzers/lights should I have?

Are there any warning buzzers or warning lights that a standard coupe should have?

The only warning light I know of is the red brake sytem light. Though I can't remember exactly what it says.

I also know I have a high beam advisory light.

Am I missing anything else that hasn't been working on the car since I've owned it?

OK, let me re-phrase this since I got off my lazy butt and checked out me instrument cluster. The only warning light I have is my seat belt light that stays on momentarily. Should there be a buzzer with it?

Tell me when the seat belt light comes on and when does it go off. Does the moter have to be started or will it go off with just the key in the on position. I wasn't sure about mine so the bulb is out right now to keep it from staying on all the time. I think my break warning light will stay on forever too. the bulb is out of that one right now too.

The light will come on either with just the key or when the car is actually started. It only stays on for about 5 seconds or so, which I assume to be proper. I was just wondering if there was ever a buzzer associated with the light.

I'm 99% there was no buzzer. You have some kind of Seat Belt relay that turns off after 5 seconds. I'm pretty sure that's the standard setup though I have no such relay in my coupe. My Seat Belt light goes out immediately when the ignition is in start.

There's a Brake System light on the left that should illuminate under the following conditions (i'm pretty certain of this):

* Parking Brake set

* Some kind of problem in your brake system (proportioning valve ball is not centered)

* Maybe another reason

To relic: my Brake System light would stay on forever as well if not for unplugging the socket on the proportioning valve. Haven't solved that one yet, but I think you're in good company.

Cool, thanks!

My brake light used to remain on also. I eventually unplugged it as well. Eventually I discovered one of my rear calipers was frozen. So I guess the light was right afterall.

I've never had the brake light come on for the parking brake. I may go poke down there to see if anything is disconnected.

And before you lose any sleep over it, I've only seen the parking brake illuminate the "Brake System" light on a Grande that I bought as a parts car. I don't have that car anymore and never took the time to see how it was wired. The 2 other coupes I have now don't set the Brake system light via the parking brake, so it might be a Grande-only thing.

I'm sure the fellas here know the actual option.

Yes, there is the stupid seat belt light, as well as the brake system light next to the seat belt light in the instruments panel. The parking barke light is seperate, down by the wiper switch. It could have only been available with a deluxe interior, I am not sure it was standard.

I checked out the car and I can find no evidence of a switch or wiring associated with the parking brake. It must have been a deluxe interior item or at least something better than the baseline coupe. The manual does state "if so equipped".

Thanks for the help.