Sign in to follow this  
dstrus

1969 Coupe "Lorilie"

So today I started the process of the teardown of my 69 coupe... I got all the interior out, engine, tranny and radiator out. I forgot to take before pictures (I was too excited to get started taking everything out.) Next weekend the fenders, doors and trunk lid will come off, all glass will come out and it will be put in the rotisserie and soda-blasting will begin. I'll take a few pics next weekend before I take the doors off to post the progress of "Lorilie."

So far it appears all sheet metal is good, with the exception of the RR quarter and drivers side floor pan. So the metal work on this car shouldn’t be all that bad. Just a good blasting to clean metal and a sealer/primer. What few dings there are in the body will be leaded.

cool, take lots of pics.

so whats the theme since she has a name, stock or resto.

I am doing a Resto-Mod... It will appear close to stock from the outside but inside a few updates. Power Disc-Brakes, power windows and locks, keyless entry and alarm, upgraded suspension and drive train, shaker hood and more than a few extras under the hood, looking at getting around 4 - 425hp out of her...

Color will be a dark silver with black stripes, looking at an all black leather interior with carbon fiber accents.

I had found in the past a power windows set that bolted into the stock door, the switch was the original knob that you just pulled up or pushed down on. It left a stock look but just updated the car a little so you could have power windows. I forgot to save the site so If you know of what I'm talking about some info would be great...

sounds real simular to my build check it out here under project progress my 70 mustang coupe, I have the same electric windows your asking about with the handles as switches read the tread I tell what they are and where to get them good luck on your ride and look forward to pics let me know if I can help with any info.

Ok so here is where I stand on my engine. I have a 351w; do I want to do a Clevor or just leave it as a Windsor? I was looking at making it into a Clevor with the 2-valve heads. i was wanting more low end torque so the 2-valve heads would help with that over the 4vh. I don't know alot about Clevors, do you just put the 351c pistons in to clear the valves? We have a machine shop so drilling out the water jackets is no biggy. I just don't know about the piston choices???

Some more info on the piston and setup of a Clevor would be great.

Ok so here is where I stand on my engine. I have a 351w; do I want to do a Clevor or just leave it as a Windsor? I was looking at making it into a Clevor with the 2-valve heads. i was wanting more low end torque so the 2-valve heads would help with that over the 4vh. I don't know alot about Clevors, do you just put the 351c pistons in to clear the valves? We have a machine shop so drilling out the water jackets is no biggy. I just don't know about the piston choices???

Some more info on the piston and setup of a Clevor would be great.

Stay Windsor, Modern day Windsor heads for the small block ford are so much better the the heads available in 1969, That is why the Boss 302 came about using the better flowing Cleveland heads. I just don't see the point in complicating the setup.

This is just my opinion, it and $1.30 with get you a soda at you local petrol station.

I went the Clevor route and love it. Its nice to have something a little different under the hood! Edelbrock makes many parts for the conversion, including an intake (Part # 7183), Aluminum heads...ect. Also, Keith Black makes 2 types of pistons for the Clevor (I went with the KB110). Check out Stangme's thread, he is also building a very nice Clevor, and he has a lot of info there.

Good Luck !!!