Sign in to follow this  
very fat and very dumb

The factory 69 color "New Lime"

Has anyone seen this color in person? Is it as awful as I think it might be? I have searched on line and found nothing. Old Ditzler color books show it as something other than a disgusting lime color. I have seen the book in person and this is a very good representation. Thanks

http://www.mustangreview.com/1969mustang.htm

I've seen a car repainted that Ford color and it's very close to the FJ5 Sublime on my Super Bee. I love it, I'd love to have a Mach 1 that color but only if it was the original color for that car, changing to it would be too much for my taste considering how rare it is.

AMC had Big Bad Green , Mopar had Sublime and Sassy Grass and as rare as it is Ford had this, it was short lived but that was the peak of the muscle car era, and how could you miss it with a color like that.

Rare indeed, one of the ubiquitous green tones of the era. My convertible, according to Marti, is one of 27 with the trim codes New Lime/Deluxe Lime Gold (or something like that). I'd like to paint it the original color again however I'd sure like to see one first. With the input I have received so far I think I will pursue this as an option.

I would like to hear other opinions as well.

Wow that's something special, it's a no brainer I'd paint the car that color in a heartbeat. since you can prove it's original it makes the car special, and I can assure you more valuble.

What you can do is have a pint mixed up, then tweak it a little to your likes as long as it's close. who's going to be able to prove it's off a little? it's not like there will be another to compare it to.

Rare indeed, one of the ubiquitous green tones of the era. My convertible, according to Marti, is one of 27 with the trim codes New Lime/Deluxe Lime Gold (or something like that). I'd like to paint it the original color again however I'd sure like to see one first. With the input I have received so far I think I will pursue this as an option.

I would like to hear other opinions as well.

Underneath the trunk lip is a good place to find a good spot of the original paint. No one ever paints over that area.

I was thinking about Groovy Green when it was mentioned that it looked like a Mopar color.

This thread reminds me of when I replaced my hood a while back. I found a good used one that I thought was dark blue. When I went to strip the paint, the dark blue hood turned out to be originally Playboy Pink. I often wish that hood could talk and tell me where it came from :tongue_smilie:

Thanks for all the input.

69Resto- Good idea however the car has been sand blasted and is currently in primer.

Raven- Let's just say it blonged to Heff and he posed a lot of 1960's naked chicks on it for his magazine.

Cobra and Pale- I agree to a certain extent however...

SCode- It looks like one of my parts cars will be New Lime, I am going to mix a pint and try to keep an open mind. We do intend to drive and enjoy this car. I suspect in the end I will be into it for 20k so I don't want to be stuck with an ugly turd, it will be done right including the tilt away column I just spent a small fortune on. I hope the color works, I think I'll post a photo of the parts car after in gets sprayed for future use of others.

Thanks Everyone

Edited by very fat and very dumb

I've really never seen the color, and pictures can make things look different, it it's anything like the color on that Mach 1 on ebay it would be a crime not to go back to it. if it's some washed out puke green I'd have to think about it, and what I'd probably do it paint it that Sublime looking color and say it was new lime. it would fool 99% of mustang guys including me.

Am I the only one that with a screen that makes every one of those pics look like thery are completely different colors? The first link to the paint chip looks gray! Hm. Stupid laptop.

I think I'm going with Poppy Green for my car.....another rare color. The original white is just too boring for me.

Mix a pint and spray a small part and leave it somewhere in the house you would see it everyday, possibly in sunlight and then decide. Let it grow on you, if you don't like it nothing will grow. I'm having a similar problem with whether or not to go back to Silver Jade. I want the car to be green and that happens to be my car's original color.

My Mach was originally silver jade, when I bought it it was root beer I had it painted red back in the day. If I did not plan to paint the Mach back to it's original color the convertible would be silver jade for sure, it's a fantastic color. If you are interested I have quite a few pictures of a silver jade Mach that I can send you, set it as a screen saver and see if it grows on you, good idea huh?

I found a picture I believe of that car at a car bshow in richmond,va.. I will try to attach if the file isn't to large.

This is the same color as the 65K car on ebay, might be the same car. I sent the guy a message asking what the color it is and he say's "Chrysler green j5 lime basecoat clearcoat by dupont".

FJ5 is sublime, that explains why it looks like it. I'd paint your car that color and call it new lime if it was me.

My car was original silver jade but I went with gulfstream aqua, check that clolor out if you like silver jade you'll love that one. if you send me me your email I can sent you a picture of it done in base/clear it's beutiful. I don't know how to post one on here or I would for you.

I have a 1969 and a 1970 coupe ... both New Lime. Honestly, the color strikes you more as a "pale yellow" than any type of green. Everyone who has seen the cars, if asked what color they are, invariably says "Yellow". It's not an "exciting" color ... kind of subdued. It's by no means ugly. It probably would not be your cup of tea if you're into bright rich colors. I have found that it looks good with Black Jade stripes on the hood and an "Ivy Gold" (dark green) interior. The photo in the link PaleRider posted is a pretty accurate representation of the color.

I have a 1969 and a 1970 coupe ... both New Lime. Honestly, the color strikes you more as a "pale yellow" than any type of green. Everyone who has seen the cars, if asked what color they are, invariably says "Yellow". It's not an "exciting" color ... kind of subdued. It's by no means ugly. It probably would not be your cup of tea if you're into bright rich colors. I have found that it looks good with Black Jade stripes on the hood and an "Ivy Gold" (dark green) interior. The photo in the link PaleRider posted is a pretty accurate representation of the color.

Capt Mike- I would love to see photos of your car(s). The more photos the better. My car did come with the Ivy Green interior and intend to blackout the hood, I just cannot own a mustang without a black hood. I will send you my email address.

This is not "New Lime" but Grabber Lime Green from like a 71 Mach 1. Nice though!

I think this is Groovy Green. I read about this color recently, there were supposed to be 600 made and there were only 512 or something like that.

http://homepages.together.net/~groovygreen/index.htm

http://www.limited600mustang.net/index.html

Edited by very fat and very dumb