Sign in to follow this  
Cardnial Mach 1

Replacement glass for HP passenger side mirror

I had a local glass place cut me new mirrors. Mine were pretty scratched up. I took the mirror off of the car, broke out old glass, and had a glass shop cut and glue new mirror in. I have not seen anyone that sells replacement mirrors. This worked out good. Just regular mirror - not the car type (i.e., object closer than they appear). Little thicker than orig but sits inside mirror casing - so nobody can tell.

Thanks for the help, but I'm still a little unsure what I would glue a new peice of glass to, the glass part is totally gone and I can see that there was a scxrew hole in the assembly that made me believe that there could be a replacement that could be installed through the base, if I took it off the car door. Anybody looked that far?

I had my cut also from a glass store. I think I got under mine to pop them out. I used a silicone Cauk on the back of the new ones to hold them in place. They been on for 5 years with no problems.

Steve69

You can buy a new one, but these mirrors are pretty common. If you're near any swap meets, I'd look for one there. Ideally, one in rough shape (cheap!) since you're gonna gut it anyway. Especially since repros are $100+

The guy that painted my car has a bunch of mustangs in his yard. I was out there today and seen a few sports mirrors. Give him a call at 574 896 3231 and ask for Charlie. Tell him Bob with the 70 Boss sent you.

Edited by PaleRider