Sign in to follow this  
cmrmach1

69 70 mach upholstery difference

I was getting ready to order front upholstery for my 69. I have 70cougar xr7 leather seats which i believe are the same as 70 mach seats . I want black w/ red stripe which my vender doesn't have listed for 70. I figured i would just order 69 black/red but i noticed the part numbers between all other 69 and 70 front sets are different. I thought the upolstery was the same for 69 and 70 only the location of the seat release hole had to be made in a different location (and there is no hole in the upholstery when you get it, right). Am i missing something or should i just order the 69?

The only thing I can answer for sure is no they don't have the release hole cut I had to do that. I'm pretty sure as long as you have the 69-70 high back seats the upholstry would fit, I know the foam is the same so I don't see why not.

One thing I have found to be different is the bottom insert goes all the way under the front of the seat on a 69 and on a 70 it stops before the bottom. This is the reason for different part numbers between 69 and 70 Mach 1 covers.

Edited by SlimeGold 69

One thing I have found to be different is the bottom insert goes all the way under the front of the seat on a 69 and on a 70 it stops before the bottom. This is the reason for different part numbers between 69 and 70 Mach 1 covers.

I like the 70's just a bit more, looks cleaner to me. I'd bet it was a cost saving measure.

I'm always amazed at what you can learn in these forums!