Sign in to follow this  
Dro69

Finally Info on my stang!!!

I just found alot of info about my car and i want to sharei t..

!THE FOLLOWING INFO WAS A TOTAL SHOCKER!

body style- grande,deluxe

Color-Meadowlark Yellow

interior trim-Nugget Gold Vinyl and Nugget Gold Hopsack Cloth

D.s.o.-Denver

Axel ratio-3.00:1

Trans-FMX Automatic (hows this differeant from normal auto trans?)

Thats all folks

True - a built C4 will easily out perform an FMX AND use less power than a C6. But if you're going for a restoration it would be the 'correct' tranny. I ran a small block housing C6 for a while as well but a C4 in the end and it was better all around. Easier to install/remove as well. :-)

Correct restorations are for trailer queens. I'm all about using modern technology to make my cars better than 1969 specs so when these hoity toity new car buffs want to talk smack against my forty year old mustang, I can prove them wrong and look better while doing it. Long live these damn mustangs.

The guys I know who have FMX's won't get off of them. (There's a "trick" to getting them to work effeciently.)

On that note, I'd love to come pick one up Sid-but I don't have the means at the moment.

True - a built C4 will easily out perform an FMX AND use less power than a C6. But if you're going for a restoration it would be the 'correct' tranny. I ran a small block housing C6 for a while as well but a C4 in the end and it was better all around. Easier to install/remove as well. :-)

Since the build sheet was a "complete surprise" I'm guessing restoring it to original might be more complicated with that interior color and fabric combination... to heck with the tranni. :biggrin: