Sign in to follow this  
very fat and very dumb

Mounting a 69 column to a 70 brake pedal support

I am working on a 69 conv. I am trying to mount my 69 column to a 70 power brake support. It appears I am going to have to cut the pedal support and fabricate a way to add the hook looking "bracket" that is used to attach the 3rd bolt on the column to the 69 pedal support.

Has anyone done this? Am I missing something? Thanks

I believe the flange that mounts to the dash has a different pattern or shape from the 70 version because of the change in steering columns. Here's a 69 one of Fleabay to compare, just enlarge the picture. Might give you a better idea of what kind of adjustments you'll need. I haven't done it myself but am sure you could make it work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Mustang-Mach-1-Cougar-XR7-DISC-BRAKEPEDALSUPPORT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5acddcc6e5QQitemZ390000854757QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The flange to the column is different. I have a 70 bracket laying around and had compared it to my 69 bracket I'm rebuilding. I don't have a 70 column so I don't know what its interface looks like. I'm sure it can be made to work depending on your fabrication skills. Keep in mind the difference in brake pedal that, from the best I can tell, are different based on whether its power or manual brakes. Either set up can physically use either pedal they just pivot from a different location.