Sign in to follow this  
DRASTiK

Seat Platform Placement

The floorpans were replaced in the coupe by the previous owner, but he tossed the old seat platforms. I ordered two seat platforms from CJP and I'm trying to determine where they should be installed. The new platforms haven't been delivered yet, but when looking at the floor pans, I'm not sure if it will be obvious where they should be once i see the new parts, or if I'll need to do some measurements.

Any advice?

Those holes in the floor plan are for the access plugs to install your seat. You can work with them a little for more leg room, but be sure you can put the nut on the seat bolt from undereath the car. The seat platform will have smaller holes. They will be just large enough for the seat track bolts to go down through.

When I put my seat platforms back in after reducing their height about 3/4", I moved them back just enough that I could still put the retaing nuts on the seat track studs thru the holes in the floor pan. You could move the platforms back further if you are tall and need the additional leg room but you would have to plug the old holes and drill new ones.

OK I scored some M5 BMW black leather seats for $275 for the pair...mint.

Any thoughts on mounting them it looks to me like I am going to have to extend the aft bracketsinto the rear seat pan area by about 3-4 inches. It doesn't look like taking the brackets off the stock seats will work due to the slide set up on the BMW's.

My guess is a plate or boost bracket from the floor of the rear seat area. Anybody have any ideas?

PJJ

I can measure my seat platforms and give you the dimensions...I recently replaced the whole driver floor pan and platform and put it back in place to within 1/8" from where the origional was, and I didnt spend tons of time measuring and remeasuring and all tht crap like I read on the net....You just have to give yourself some referance points to meaure off of and record the orig measurements, then cut and replace...Easy peezie

Mike