Sign in to follow this  
Stroked302

Top Loader Speedometer cable Location

Hello, wondering the best way to route the speedometer cable from the tranny to the instrument cluster. the cable seems pretty long. Not sure the exact loction it that is in the firewall or up through the floor. Any help is appreicated! Project is almost done!

Andy

from rear of x-mission on passenger side up toward front of car - over top of transmission across firewall through grommet into rear of cluster.

If you run headers - watch out..... I'm on my third cable right now.

Why not change the routing to suit your headers? Like running it up through the floor near the shifter or further up the trans tunnel. Or maybe try a longer cable from another make and model and make your own path. I'd be sick of changing them out.

Why not change the routing to suit your headers? Like running it up through the floor near the shifter or further up the trans tunnel. Or maybe try a longer cable from another make and model and make your own path. I'd be sick of changing them out.

pretty much have done that this last time....... up over the tranny sooner... after the linkage...

Thats what I did, I ran it up through the shifter hole and under the carpet. No issues, and no binding or exhaust problems.