Sign in to follow this  
Ignacio

Dash Pad replacement

Hi everyone! I been searching all over the place for a DarkRed (Maroon) dash pad for my 69, but I failed miserably. I don’t want a replacement I want the whole dash since I understand it looks better. Anyone can help me with some tips of where i can buy a new one in that color?

I would try Just Dashes in California first. If that fails, you can dye it yourself with decent results. I dyed mine maroon in 1994 and it still looks great.

First wash it with TSP to get all the releasing agent off. Then wipe it down thoroughly with a vinyl prep solution that opens the pores. This will make the surface slightly tacky. Immediately spray on the vinyl dye in a light coat over the entire surface. Wait a few minutes and spray another light coat. Keep repeating until it is solid maroon. Don't get in a hurry or you will end up with a drip and have to start all over. The dash doesn't get much contact so it will last for years if done properly.

I got my black one from Mustangs Unlimited. It says original tooling and I like how it looks. You might call them for your color. Hope this helps. Dan

*1969-1970 models never had a white dash pad, this was produced for dying to match custom colors.

http://mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy01.asp?T1=D69B09+01&Category=Interior&subCategory=Dash&CatKey=EMUSTANG

I I dyed mine maroon in 1994 and it still looks great.

Whose dye did you use? I, too, have a maroon interior and I used a rattle can that the Mustang vendors sell on a steering wheel pad and wasn't real pleased with the results. I was planning on going to a paint jobber and seeing what they can mix up.