Sign in to follow this  
redruM

69 steering wheel issue

Yeah a smaller steering wheel and tilt seat. These cars seem to be made for those about 5'9'. I'm about 6 inches taller and the smallerr wheel and adjustable seat made it tolerable. But' I plan on dropping the seatpan when I repair my floorpans,

There is no way to do it. they made these cars for Umpalumpas or something, I'm always amazed at the lack of room everytime I get it mine.

My car had two spacers in between the two mounting flanges that spaced it down, I took the bolts out and slide them out then tightened it up again. This made a huge difference.

Check to see if yours has spacers in between...the spacers were the same alum pieces that the bolt goes through, they just added an extra one in between.

I wonder if all cars were this way? mine was.

My car had two spacers in between the two mounting flanges that spaced it down, I took the bolts out and slide them out then tightened it up again. This made a huge difference.

Check to see if yours has spacers in between...the spacers were the same alum pieces that the bolt goes through, they just added an extra one in between.

May have been modified by the dealer for a shorter owner. I know there was a dealer modification for taller than normal drivers. It extended the seat rails back IIRC.

My car had the spacers also, Took them out. Made a little difference.