Sign in to follow this  
danno

351 windsor

I recently came across a 351 Windsor in a Galaxie at a salvage yard in Minnesota. It has a 2 barrel intake with no carb. Is this worth anything? I know the heads could be of value, but not sure. Do people still want these?

The motor is in a 69 Galaxie. Of course there is not way to know the condition, but it looks to be original to the car. I have a 302 in my vert, and I am planning on getting the heads off it just in case I need them for my car. The rest of the engine is available, though. If anyone nearby is interested, it is at the U-pull in East Bethel. I will be there in the next week or 2 to pull the heads, if you get there before me, great. I hate to see them crushed.

When I went with the 408 - I was lucky enough the shop gave me a block from a 84 truck. That was the same block I knew guys from Ford Racing first stroked due to the durability, casting, block height etc.....

Since it wasn't original anymore - who cares. I took the free upgrade

The only people who are still interested in the C9 Windsor heads are the concours guys as they are unique to the 69 Windsor.

For performance I'd take the advice previously given and get a set of modern aluminum heads. I'd say the block is worth saving also. You can collect the parts over time to build a stroker if money is tight.