Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Project Renegade

First of all hello to everyone, I live in the southern area of Texas and I am the proud owner of a 1969 Mustang Coupe. I got the car 4 years ago for $400.00 dollars and it looked to be in decent condition.

l_f0385b0bb5ba4f35870b4904700ed2e0.jpg

That same month I started to work on it, stripped it apart and started to fix the problems as i ran into them. Unfortunately I didnt take many pics, but here are some that i did find.

l_1872801a38f94357a8da62389d1a1ab9.jpg

l_850ae90eebdc4c0ea8f7a40007c91be6.jpg

l_7c5fded1d2484aac9b323606fc83a876.jpg

I have since Patched up most of the body, primed and painted the stang in black and installed the transmission and all the wiring to the electrical components. I had a radiator lying around so i temporarily installed it just to get her running. Shes got a 302 engine and is A/T. The paint is awful now because of lack of care and weather damage, so I will have to paint her again in the future. Right now I am basically taking this project out of hibernation and just doing mods and restorations as money allows. Ill post up some more recent pics soon. Let me know what you all would suggest I do with her. I would love to have her as a daily driver, i do want to keep the carb setup, i dont think i want the hassle of installing an EFI or anything like that. I am new here and I am still trying to search through all the threads that are related to my concerns, but i would appreciate it if anyone could help me with future questions. Thanks

welcome to the site I feel more at home here than some of the other sites because we all have the same cars of interest, as far as your car is concerned it really depends on your budget and what your going to do with it , I will say this if you want a really nice car good paint nice driveline I have found its better to do it once and do it right the first time, like you said you already have painted it now it needs it again, but if you just want it up and running and plan to drive it for a while then do just that i wouldnt spend alot of money to do it half way if that makes sense

good luck and keep the pics coming !!

Laredo, Tx right on the border. 2 hours or so south of San Antonio if you drive down IH 35. That would make us about 250 miles apart. Man Texas is a big state hehe.

Thanks for the replys and ill get some pics up tomorrow if not for sure this weekend.

Edited by Renegade