Sign in to follow this  
Horizon

620lb, 1" drop springs

Hey guys,

Just got some disturbing information. Had a guy tell me when he installed these springs, he experienced almost a 2.5" drop! I was planning on these springs and the Shelby Drop mod (another 1/2-3/4" drop), but not if this is the case. I will only be able to do one or the other. The other options is to still do both but instal a ball joint wedge kit to correct for the angle.

Anyone with practical experience here? Thanks!

~Jeffrey

i got those same springs and it actually lifted my car. i had cut 1 and 2/3 coils off my old springs for a low ride. i ended up having to cut half a coil off the 620's and did the 1" shelby drop to achieve my old stance but even then it still sits a 1/2" higher than before. maybe that guy didnt measure right.

The car I put a set on only droped 1/2". Little chance they will lower the car more than 1" That one inch drop is from stock ride height.

You don't need a wedge kit with a 1" upper arm drop. The only time you need to change the ball joint angle is when you go more than 1". The UCA will hit the bump stop before the ball joint comes int bind.

What brand are they? I installed some on a 71 and they raised the front due to the sag from the old springs. so I whacked a coil off, still didn't like it so whacked another half coil off to get the look I wanted.

I have them and the shelby mod and got a great drop along with mid-eye leafs in the rear. I couldn't tell you what the drop is because I did it 15 years ago. I have no idea what it was prior. I'm guessing I have 2-3 inches total drop in the front.