Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

Good Deal?

It appears to be a great deal, but if you read the add it says they set the price to a reasonable $23,900. I think there is an error, or this may be one of those scam type add we hear of on eBay.

Edited by 428stang
Typing error.

The auction ends in 1 1/2 hrs and mistake or not it clearly says:

<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=1 width="100%"><TBODY><FORM style="MARGIN: 0px" name=BinConfirm action=http://offer.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll method=get><TR vAlign=center><TD noWrap align=left width="25%">bin_15x54.gif price: </TD><TD noWrap>US $12,500.00

</TD></TR></FORM></TBODY></TABLE>

That has to be binding if you click on it I would think and even if the entire frame is rotted thru the rest of the parts on it would seem to clearly exceed that dollar amount. I don't see how you can wrong at all. It's not as rare as they make out by any means but a still a steal, at $23,900 not so much since you could easily spend 10k on a real good paint job, new interior and engine bay/chasis clean up.

I know it says that was the best offer, but did it actually sell for that? I don't see a reserve but I don't really understand the does and don'ts of ebay when you are or aren't committed to sell.

Click on the link, then click on purchase's. thats where you get the 11,500 accepted before auction ended.

Yea, I stopped teasing COZ.

I know it says that was the best offer, but did it actually sell for that? I don't see a reserve but I don't really understand the does and don'ts of ebay when you are or aren't committed to sell.

Sorry guys - been away doing summer things (unfortunately not too much with the mach). I, like most of us, am just sitting tight right now on spending. I have the $$ saved up for a vert but not sure how I want to proceed now. I made the mistake of showing my wife an '07 Shelby 500 vert for sale locally that is down to 39k. 8k on the car - dark blue/white stripes, grey interior. Only downside (for her) is it's a 6spd gearbox. So now she wants one like that and not a classic.