Sign in to follow this  
coz

great story about an old car and an old lady...

That was fricken' awesome, without a doubt the best story I've heard in a really long time. I'll bet these parts dealers hate her like poison though.

Did you see the follow ups?

http://growingbolder.com/media/technology/vehicles/lifes-odometer-smiles-per-gallon-268605.html

http://growingbolder.com/media/uncategorized/gun-totin-flag-wavin-298781.html

very cool, reminds me of the 78 olds delta 88 my grandmother bought new, it was the only new car she'd ever owned and she loved that car as much as anything. when she dies my uncle was going to sell it to someone for junk because the transmission was out. i convinced him to let me have the car and i had the trans rebuilt and i drove the car for a little while and when my wife got pregnant she need something to drive besides her 95 formula and i offered the olds to her but she didn't want it, we ended up trading the formula in on a 96 monte carlo and i ended up having to sell my grandma's olds, i sold it to a guy i worked with who said he would take care of it....he ended up tuning it into a gad damned lowrider.....at least i still have the 351w engine from my great grandmothers 73 galaxie 500, it's in the stang and i seriously think it will end up in the 69 cougar too, the cougar's original 351w only had 64k original miles and is numbers matching but it was also built within a week of the stang so it would be the perfect engine to put back in the stang when i sell it since it would be a correct date coded engine.