Sign in to follow this  
69 Mach 1

Mach 1 up on Volo website

Smooth ride. You did a great job on it. I hope mine looks that good someday. And hope you get all you ask for it. You deserve it. I imagine a lot of us are cutting back these days. And if it helps you go for it. Its for a good cause and who knows something better may come along.

Is this Volo place reputable? Just curious because I was looking at some of the so called authentic movie cars and there are way too many obvious flaws in several of them to be true.

Volo is legit. A museum and auction house in northern Illinois. Been doing it for 25+ years.

But as we all know - buyer beware! A PPI on any car should be done if there is any doubt. I do know of a person who got a smoking deal on a 41 Continental from Volo only to have the car crack in half due to a rotted frame.....

Volo is totally legit. Some cars, like the movie cars, they own and others are on consignment. They perform inspections and appraisals when they take the car in. They offer the use of lifts etc for your inspections but on consignment cars you have to have it inspected as the buyer. Very reputable and nice guys to deal with. They just hosted a great Shelby weekend with over 100 cars in attendence. The Mach supposedly sold yesterday to a guy from NY. he inspected it and drove it. I will miss her but we all know the tough economic times were in. Thanks for the kind words on the car.

Scott

Yep. Deal went through. Someone in NY is getting a mighty nice Mach 1. No corners cut. That being said, the day I picked up my cash, Volo took in a 69 Mach 1 in red with white interior on consignment. This is a 390 car and the white interior made the car just jump. Considerably more expensive than mine, but one nice ride. Thanks for the kind thoughts.