Sign in to follow this  
opie_803

winter project finally done!

the color is "presidential blue" so i have been told. it was on there when i bought it and was in good shape so i let it ride for now. i dont think it is the origional color, i have seen some light metalic blue in areas while it was torn down.

thanks for the compliments.

Pak, have ya noticed the hood tach? what do ya think?

the color is "presidential blue" so i have been told. it was on there when i bought it and was in good shape so i let it ride for now. i dont think it is the origional color, i have seen some light metalic blue in areas while it was torn down.

thanks for the compliments.

Pak, have ya noticed the hood tach? what do ya think?

Looks great brother! You already know I'm a fan of most of the mods, I think if the hood tach had a white face it would be perfect for your car. Were your head light buckets always blacked out?

If I had to be super critical the only things I would change are the braided hoses and loose the "Cobra Jet" on the hood scoop. Other than that shes a ride afte rmy own heart and I am super jealous, I've come to the reality that even though spring is just started that I likely will not be back on the road this year once again and I am so aching to go for a ride. As soon as I get back from China though I am taking a week off and starting on redoing my first vinyl top and crank out as many other small projects as I can right after, maybe even the power windows.

Looks great brother! You already know I'm a fan of most of the mods, I think if the hood tach had a white face it would be perfect for your car. Were your head light buckets always blacked out?

If I had to be super critical the only things I would change are the braided hoses and loose the "Cobra Jet" on the hood scoop. Other than that shes a ride afte rmy own heart and I am super jealous, I've come to the reality that even though spring is just started that I likely will not be back on the road this year once again and I am so aching to go for a ride. As soon as I get back from China though I am taking a week off and starting on redoing my first vinyl top and crank out as many other small projects as I can right after, maybe even the power windows.

if the hood tach was available with a white face i would have gotten it instead. the reason for the cobra jet on the hood scoop is because the motor is a 351c with a 4 bold main and 4 barrel heads and was called a cobra jet, so i thought "why not?" .

the headlight buckets were the body color until i got a hold of them.

the hose covers were to dress it up a little more.

if the hood tach was available with a white face i would have gotten it instead. the reason for the cobra jet on the hood scoop is because the motor is a 351c with a 4 bold main and 4 barrel heads and was called a cobra jet, so i thought "why not?" .

the headlight buckets were the body color until i got a hold of them.

the hose covers were to dress it up a little more.

Oh right, I forgot you got a vintage tach, the new repro ones come with a white face option. I also didn't realize that you had a 71' 351C in there so I guess the CJ is legit after all. No wonder I didn't remember the headlight buckets being black, you did a nice clean job on that for a DIY, I'm surprised you didn't take it to the tail light panel too.

Well again the car looks fantastic, nice work. I thought it looked good when you first got it but it's a two thumbs up now for sure.:thumbup: