Sign in to follow this  
3Must

Gas cap switch cover

So I had pop open gas cap from a 69 Mach 1 that the chrome was not the best on, but still looked pretty good. I walked around the house looking for something to do with it and thought it would make a pretty cool cover for a light switch. (Wife said it had to go in the garage, not the house!) Made up a frame for it, bent a piece of metal and painted it Gulfstream Aqua, the color my car will be if I ever finish it!

So I had pop open gas cap from a 69 Mach 1 that the chrome was not the best on, but still looked pretty good. I walked around the house looking for something to do with it and thought it would make a pretty cool cover for a light switch. (Wife said it had to go in the garage, not the house!) Made up a frame for it, bent a piece of metal and painted it Gulfstream Aqua, the color my car will be if I ever finish it!

Ha, good idea. I had thought of selling my old original on ebay but maybe I'll use the half of my old tail panel that wasn't totalled and keep the one brake light in it and wired so I can tell from the outside that the light in my workshop is still on or have it as a do not enter warning like a dark room.:shifty:

Ha, good idea. I had thought of selling my old original on ebay but maybe I'll use the half of my old tail panel that wasn't totalled and keep the one brake light in it and wired so I can tell from the outside that the light in my workshop is still on or have it as a do not enter warning like a dark room.:shifty: