Sign in to follow this  
69ISH

Grill Support Brace

Hi Guys,

I finally had the grill support bracket arrive today after waiting over 6 months for it from cj's as the order was lost and then it was the wrong part then on backorder I seem to be jinxed with this part.

Anyways it is now here and there is a bend of approx 150 degrees in the bottom of it and I do not know if it is meant to be there and the jinx is continuing.

If someone could enlighten me on this or have photos of there undamaged one that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I finally had the grill support bracket arrive today after waiting over 6 months for it from cj's as the order was lost and then it was the wrong part then on backorder I seem to be jinxed with this part.

Anyways it is now here and there is a bend of approx 150 degrees in the bottom of it and I do not know if it is meant to be there and the jinx is continuing.

If someone could enlighten me on this or have photos of there undamaged one that would be greatly appreciated.

I think it's OK if I understand what you're saying. it has a bend at the bottom for a valance bolt I think, you might have to bend it a little to line up.

Don't feel alone with CJ's, I ordered $500 woth the stuff on Christmas day during their big sale and so far all I have are the back ordered items. the main shipment they say was lost by Fed Ex and here I am 4 months later waiting for them to sort it out, they don't EVER answer emails and when I call I get the same it's going to be shipped in the next 3 days story for the last 2 months. and yes I was charged in full on Christmas day.

I think it's OK if I understand what you're saying. it has a bend at the bottom for a valance bolt I think, you might have to bend it a little to line up.

Don't feel alone with CJ's, I ordered $500 woth the stuff on Christmas day during their big sale and so far all I have are the back ordered items. the main shipment they say was lost by Fed Ex and here I am 4 months later waiting for them to sort it out, they don't EVER answer emails and when I call I get the same it's going to be shipped in the next 3 days story for the last 2 months. and yes I was charged in full on Christmas day.

I have uploaded some photos trying to show you the bend, in the last photo it is where my finger is lying across it.

I am not knocking cj's I had many parts ordered with them including my supreme interior kit,underlayment kit, firewall insulation, headliner insulation, windlace, sail panels that have arrived in a timely manor mind you the seat buns are still on back order but most of my previous orders have arrived in 3 to 5 weeks which is not bad considering I am in Australia.

It is I seem to be jinxed with this 1 part It was ordered long ago with other panels before the car was ready for paint back in september and then painted before christmas.

Like I said just jinxed on this part.

I have uploaded some photos trying to show you the bend, in the last photo it is where my finger is lying across it.

I am not knocking cj's I had many parts ordered with them including my supreme interior kit,underlayment kit, firewall insulation, headliner insulation, windlace, sail panels that have arrived in a timely manor mind you the seat buns are still on back order but most of my previous orders have arrived in 3 to 5 weeks which is not bad considering I am in Australia.

It is I seem to be jinxed with this 1 part It was ordered long ago with other panels before the car was ready for paint back in september and then painted before christmas.

Like I said just jinxed on this part.

nope it's right!

BTW - CJ has done the same thing to me numerous times. Order went in, parts show up whenever! If you use a CC they pend the full amount and deduct the shipments as they appear! When I was putting the grill on I went to the auto store and picked up some fender push pins instead of waiting for a $3.95 back order......

Three weeks later they show up! I already forgot about them...

I'll use MU as first option from now on......

nope it's right!

BTW - CJ has done the same thing to me numerous times. Order went in, parts show up whenever! If you use a CC they pend the full amount and deduct the shipments as they appear! When I was putting the grill on I went to the auto store and picked up some fender push pins instead of waiting for a $3.95 back order......

Three weeks later they show up! I already forgot about them...

I'll use MU as first option from now on......

WOOOOW>.. Stop.. If you ordered your seat buns from CJ's and havent recieved them,, Cancel that order. Get them from mustangs unlimited instead.. The CJ buns are crap compared to the Mustang Unlimited ones.. I ordered one set from each place and ended up not liking the way that the cj's fit. They were not as solid as the MU's and there was a lot less meat to them.. The MU foam was top notch and thicker by probably a little less than a half inch.

WOOOOW>.. Stop.. If you ordered your seat buns from CJ's and havent recieved them,, Cancel that order. Get them from mustangs unlimited instead.. The CJ buns are crap compared to the Mustang Unlimited ones.. I ordered one set from each place and ended up not liking the way that the cj's fit. They were not as solid as the MU's and there was a lot less meat to them.. The MU foam was top notch and thicker by probably a little less than a half inch.