Sign in to follow this  
Stangboy

Door wiring grommet?

Where can I get the wiring grommet that goes between the door and the body? I am installing power windows and locks, and would like to use the grommets that came on the Mach One's. I can't seem to find them in any catalogs. Thanks!

Where can I get the wiring grommet that goes between the door and the body? I am installing power windows and locks, and would like to use the grommets that came on the Mach One's. I can't seem to find them in any catalogs. Thanks!

A basic type of rubber grommet can pretty much be found at any local hardware store in those little pull out draw display cases with all the fancy stuff like springs, cap nuts, metric set screws, etc....

A basic type of rubber grommet can pretty much be found at any local hardware store in those little pull out draw display cases with all the fancy stuff like springs, cap nuts, metric set screws, etc....

Well, I'm not looking for the "donut" shaped grommet, but the grommet that fits in between the door and the body. It's probably about 6 inches long, with a bellows type piece in the middle. The one the wires pass through that seal them off from the elements.

Well, I'm not looking for the "donut" shaped grommet, but the grommet that fits in between the door and the body. It's probably about 6 inches long, with a bellows type piece in the middle. The one the wires pass through that seal them off from the elements.

mustangs did not use the bellows type thing you're talking about. just a grommet at each end with the harness taped up in between and passing through the 2 grommets. however you can use the bellows type thing from a later model jeep cherokee as the ends are the same size as the holes in the mustang doors and b-pillars. possibly even other vehicles that used the same thing will work but i know the cherokee stuff will work

mustangs did not use the bellows type thing you're talking about. just a grommet at each end with the harness taped up in between and passing through the 2 grommets. however you can use the bellows type thing from a later model jeep cherokee as the ends are the same size as the holes in the mustang doors and b-pillars. possibly even other vehicles that used the same thing will work but i know the cherokee stuff will work

Hey,

I had a similar problem with the grommets in the doors and door frame, when I purchased my car, the last owner just put some terrible grommets that he bought from a hardware store, and used some electrical tape to fill in around. So i looked for the very grommets you are looking for, and couldn't find them anywhere. They might be sold in a wiring kit, but who wants to spend that much money.

What i ended up doing was calling a junk yard a few hours away, and looked for a cougar or mustang, Once i found a yard that had one, they charged $20 bucks for them and to ship them.

hope it helps

Matt

Hey,

I had a similar problem with the grommets in the doors and door frame, when I purchased my car, the last owner just put some terrible grommets that he bought from a hardware store, and used some electrical tape to fill in around. So i looked for the very grommets you are looking for, and couldn't find them anywhere. They might be sold in a wiring kit, but who wants to spend that much money.

What i ended up doing was calling a junk yard a few hours away, and looked for a cougar or mustang, Once i found a yard that had one, they charged $20 bucks for them and to ship them.

hope it helps

Matt

Mustangs did use the bellows type grommets. They were the 1971-1973 mustangs I believe. I know this because I bought a new set for my 69 in 1974 and they were for a 73 mustang with stereo door speakers. 1969 and 1970 did not have the bellows just the pancake type grommets.

JAG

Mustangs did use the bellows type grommets. They were the 1971-1973 mustangs I believe. I know this because I bought a new set for my 69 in 1974 and they were for a 73 mustang with stereo door speakers. 1969 and 1970 did not have the bellows just the pancake type grommets.

JAG