Sign in to follow this  
ausstang

Glove box light

Hi, my 70 mach 1 has the map light option; but my question is where does the glovebox light mount, i have the glovebox switch in place that i think runs in line with the map light, but there is a light off the switch that has to be a glovebox light. I can't find where this mounts. I brought the switch & light they are not originally off my car. The map light is though.

Cheers Vic

Hi, my 70 mach 1 has the map light option; but my question is where does the glovebox light mount, i have the glovebox switch in place that i think runs in line with the map light, but there is a light off the switch that has to be a glovebox light. I can't find where this mounts. I brought the switch & light they are not originally off my car. The map light is though.

Cheers Vic

In the standard interior, it mounts under the rectangular clock opening. In the Decor Group (woodgrain), it's "underneath" the woodgrain panel, just above the glove box. I'm guessing you have the woodgrain dash since it's a Mach I. Lie on the passenger floor and look up and you should see the opening.

In the standard interior, it mounts under the rectangular clock opening. In the Decor Group (woodgrain), it's "underneath" the woodgrain panel, just above the glove box. I'm guessing you have the woodgrain dash since it's a Mach I. Lie on the passenger floor and look up and you should see the opening.

Ok, I understand that this light is the wrong light for my car (no more ebay purchases for me) & i have it mounted in the totally wrong position.

My new questions are, with the map light option that i already have do i need a glove box light.

Or do i just need a glovebox switch to connect to my maplight.

Or can you have both a map light & a glovebox light.

sorry for the confusion but there are not too many 70 mustangs laying around here to go look at.

Thanks for your patience, Vic

Ok, I understand that this light is the wrong light for my car (no more ebay purchases for me) & i have it mounted in the totally wrong position.

My new questions are, with the map light option that i already have do i need a glove box light.

Or do i just need a glovebox switch to connect to my maplight.

Or can you have both a map light & a glovebox light.

sorry for the confusion but there are not too many 70 mustangs laying around here to go look at.

Thanks for your patience, Vic

The map light doubles as the glovebox light. There is a pressure switch in the glovebox, so that it lights when opened. On the underside of the clock panel, there is a swich to light it with the glovebox closed. This is the map light function.

The map light doubles as the glovebox light. There is a pressure switch in the glovebox, so that it lights when opened. On the underside of the clock panel, there is a swich to light it with the glovebox closed. This is the map light function.