Sign in to follow this  

351W headers

I'm looking for ceramic coated headers that install on a 351w without any "modifications" to the firewall or tubes. I went with Hedman shortys at the time because I got tired of sending headers back that wouldnt fit. I no longer have the "Z" bar linkage, so that obstacle is out of the way. Anybody have any luck with some that bolt on easily?

what happened to the "Z" bar? What did you replace it with?

I went with the FPA headers $600 + shipping but sweet!

Here is a pic of a set with the Dart heads

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/351_w_dart_and_std.htm

Give them a call, tell them the head type, clutch bar, R&P steering and other details as much as possible etc... and they will customize them with your name stamped on the flange!

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/contactus.htm

Long tube FPAs on my 351W in my '70FB with stock Z-bar and TCP rack. Excellent fit. I had to notch the flange slightly on my McLeod bellhousing because its larger than stock. If you run a stock bellhousing you should not have any problems. Collectors do not hang down very far below frame.

Thanks for the info on fpa.I've never heard of them. They look like they build quality stuff. I like that you mentioned that they don't hang down too low.I have about 4" to the ground. I built a external hydraulic clutch that works well,so that got rid of the annoying linkage.Even with shorty headers, one of the tubes had to be pounded on to clear it.

Thanks,

Tom

FPA here also. Great headers.... A bonus - cool to the touch in under 10 minutes and look brand new after 3 years. They have a ball/socket collector so you have many ways to angle them. Highly recommend them...