Sign in to follow this  
mid-tn-mustang

headlight buckets

How are these attached to the fender. It looks like it would use studs and a speed nut like the 1/4 panel extensions. Mine are missing, would a piece of 1/4" diamter allthread work ? Also, it looks like getting a hand up in there to tighten everything is a good challenge.

thanks

They are 1/4" studs with sheetmetal type thread into the extension just like the rear qtr extensions. Epoxying 1/4" all thread in the holes should work ok. Easy to get to with an extension once the plastic splash shield is removed. The inboard one at the hood opening is accessed through an opening in the fender with the hood open. There's also fender bolts that hold it to the radiator support.

Mid tn,

I assembled ours with the fenders off, much easier head light buckets and bulbs too.

Instead of the epoxy, they make some stuff called Marine Tech, about a $100.00 for a qt of it with hardener and it works excellent on any studs even the hood scoops studs on ours where some body had stripped out the openings for the studs, same on the hood scoop blinker lights.

It is costly, but come on these are the for the head lights! Its amazing stuff and hardens better than any thing I've seen. I even used the stuff to repair my sun visor bracket I broke. Super strong designed for boats!