Sign in to follow this  
rjardy

Lowered my car this weekend

Went into the shop this weekend and spent a few hours lowering my car.

Suspension is 620's (1 coil cut) new leafs (forget what ones, but they are STIFF) and a 2" block out back.

The rear is getting a four link and coilovers eventually. But I just couldnt stad driving a 4X4 fastback any more.

Paint in a few months!

IMG_0402.jpg

nice stance, I can't wait to get my suspension done, I have 6 cylinder springs in my car I think and its got a big fat v8 now so its pretty low, combined with sagging springs its pretty low haha. I had to get air shocks in the rear so my rear tires didnt keep scraping my 1/4's but one of these days I'll get some tires that fit right. Oh and yeah I ditched my long tubes for a nice set of shorties after scraping over every little bump, im much happier now.

I need to do the same thing. I have about 2" between top of tires and fender lip. You cut a full coil off your 620's? How much did it lower the front? How harsh is the ride now?

To be honest i didnt measure it before. There was a guy on this board who had 620's and my size tires. He cut a full coil and it sat right over the tire. So I did the same thing and it sits great.

As far as a harsh ride, not at ALL. I think cutting it may have took some of the spring rate out of the spring. It actually rides nicer. That an the removal of the slapper bars, it rides great. Actually very comfortable.

Thanks for the info rjardy. I'm going to try 1/2 coil and go from there. Did you have to get your front end re-aligned? What are "slapper bars."

I havent yet but I need to. It still tracks straight but there is more negative camber in the suspension now.

Slapper bars are "traction bars" that bolt to the leaf and "slap" the bottom of the spring to prevent the spring from wrapping up.

Rob