Sign in to follow this  
Cheo69GT

Pics of my SVO

I'm pretty much done with my SVO, the intercooler is done now, doesn't show in the pic. I powder coated most of the pulleys at home with a Walmart $35 oven and a $50 powder coating kit. I'm hoping I can do the same with some engine parts on the 69.

what happenned to the fins on the valve cover? they disappeared

I painted the whole thing black except for blue on the Ford logo, and used a wire wheel on the lettering to remove the paint and left it aluminum.

I used a roaster oven capable of going to 450 degrees, it is taller and can fit bigger pieces.

Were you able to suspend things in it? Or did you have to place things on a rack? I'm guessing the latter but I can't see how it doesn't stick during curing or leave a bald spot on the underside or something. Let's see a pic of it when you get a chance.

Were you able to suspend things in it? Or did you have to place things on a rack? I'm guessing the latter but I can't see how it doesn't stick during curing or leave a bald spot on the underside or something. Let's see a pic of it when you get a chance.

Everything I did, didn't require 360 coverage, mostly pulleys and brackets that only show one way anyways. But, I assume that you could hang items from the oven lid. The oven did come with a rack for items. The only real big issue I found is that since you're spraying media on a part and trying for good coverage (there's an electrical charge through the part so the media can attach), some of the media will get into attaching holes. In the case of the pulleys, the center point, which made them hard to put back in, I just sanded the areas where it attaches to the motor so it would go in smooth. I'll get some pics of what I used this weekend and post them. I think I spent a grand total of $90 for equipment and the media is about $10-20 from Summit Racing, I highly recommend the Chrome Black :).