Sign in to follow this  
rjardy

linked rear end suspension

Im going to be doing a three link suspension (two parallel and a wish bone)in the rear of my fastback soon. Just wondering if anyone has made there own three or four link design. If so post pics! Also would be interested in seeing pics of some of the pre-fab production kits if anyone has on of those installed.

Rob

I think so. I'm planning on going 3-link myself but haven't decided on the setup yet. I'm leaning towards Lateral Dynamics or Art Morrisson.

FYI, Both the guy from LD (can't recall his name) and Chris Morrisson frequent pro-touring.com so if you have any questions, they're available and they've posted some good info regarding their respective products.

Also, others on the board have designed their own setups on other car brands. There's a lot of info available for designing your own. I was also thinking about a 3-link based on the Chris Alston Chassisworks 4 bar system using a fabricated 3rd link instead of the 2 top bars.

Edited by RacerX

I think so. I'm planning on going 3-link myself but haven't decided on the setup yet. I'm leaning towards Lateral Dynamics or Art Morrisson.

FYI, Both the guy from LD (can't recall his name) and Chris Morrisson frequent pro-touring.com so if you have any questions, they're available and they've posted some good info regarding their respective products.

Also, others on the board have designed their own setups on other car brands. There's a lot of info available for designing your own. I was also thinking about a 3-link based on the Chris Alston Chassisworks 4 bar system using a fabricated 3rd link instead of the 2 top bars.

Neat thanks for the info! I will start poking around there and hopefuly pick up some hints and tips. Your setup sounds good!

Hey,

I was looking through the posts and noticed this one, um I just finished installing the RRS rear suspension on my 69 Mach 1, I will get picture asap on here, but I havn't drivin it yet, but as far as install it is pretty sweet... they updated the kit so now it comes with a rearend housing with all the brackets pre-welded on, and as far as adjustiblity it can be positioned precisely.

Good luck deciding

Matt

i plan on using the TCP G-Bar rear on my 69 cougar but i too have considered modifying it from as-delivered condition by using a TCP torque arm and probably a Fays2 watts link to make my own linked torque arm system. that will be down the road quite a bit though. i have talked it over with one the TCP guys before and he seemed to like the idea pretty well

i plan on using the TCP G-Bar rear on my 69 cougar but i too have considered modifying it from as-delivered condition by using a TCP torque arm and probably a Fays2 watts link to make my own linked torque arm system. that will be down the road quite a bit though. i have talked it over with one the TCP guys before and he seemed to like the idea pretty well

I'm not sure why you would put a torque arm on a 4-link? And Watts is a bit overkill on a gBar as well IMHO? It sure wont move anywhere except in the suspension travel direction but it'll also transmit vibration and noise from driving over ants and lamppost shadows. :blink:

I'm not sure why you would put a torque arm on a 4-link? And Watts is a bit overkill on a gBar as well IMHO? It sure wont move anywhere except in the suspension travel direction but it'll also transmit vibration and noise from driving over ants and lamppost shadows

bnickel and I have a similar idea, to replace the 2 upper arms with a single link or torgue arm making a 3 link system. I also want to add a watts link.

wow this thread took off while I was not looking. I was pointed over to pro-touring.com and have found TONS of good suspension info over there. To many Chevy's though....

70vert, I would love a ride! But I live in sac and am moving to So-Cal in a matter of weeks. I truely appreciate the offer though.

After thinking it over and over...I may just pony up the money and buy a manufactured kit.... it sure would have my car on the road a lot faster. After all, it's just money....Right?