Sign in to follow this  
cramer

Throttle cable ?

Hello,

Wondering if anybody knows if there was a difference in the 2BBL versus the 4BBL throttle cables?

Also a difference between the years 69 and 70?

Just wondering because I changed to a 4BBL and am using the throttle cable and gas pedal from a 69 in a 1970 and the gas pedal "sits" further out from the firewall then the brake pedal does. I'm thinking it because the throttle cable doesn't allow enough slack for the gas pedal to settle closer to the firewall, but not sure so I am asking.

If there is a difference does anybody know where I could get a 4bbl throttle cable from for a 1970?

Thanks,

Marc Cramer

Edited by cramer
spelling challenges

As far as 69's go I think there were only 2 cables, all v8 & 6cyl. V8 cable is 22.71" long. A 69 cable has a screw that holds it to the firewall a 70 has a plastic clip that clips into a square hole on the firewall.

Mike

Cramer, you can get an accelerator cable from Mustangs Unlimited it is on page 82 of this years catalog. It says they are original accelerator cables. I don't believe this cable is reproduced. Does anyone else know?

JAG