Sign in to follow this  
james the flame

headders short or long??

Ok, thanks for all the advise. Now I'm finding out most long tube hedders will not fit my fmx transmission. They say c-4 only. They tell me the transmission filler tube is in the way. Suposadly I can only use shorty hedders with my fmx. Any feedback??? Is anyone running hedders with power steering and a fmx tranny??? What hedder did you use?? Please help I can't start my car without the exhaust on it. James

In the 70's I put Cyclone Headers on my 351 with FMX transmission. They fit, but they were tight. I don't know if the Dynomax Cyclone headers are the same though. Sorry I can't help more.

JAG

Ok, thanks for all the advise. Now I'm finding out most long tube hedders will not fit my fmx transmission. They say c-4 only. They tell me the transmission filler tube is in the way. Suposadly I can only use shorty hedders with my fmx. Any feedback??? Is anyone running hedders with power steering and a fmx tranny??? What hedder did you use?? Please help I can't start my car without the exhaust on it. James

I have Hedman long tubes on my 351w w/ fmx and they fit fine around the dipstick tube; I had Hooker Comps on and they fit fine around the dipstick tube they just hit the floorboards so I didnt use them. I call BS on long tubes not working with an FMX.