Sign in to follow this  
Boogerschnot

Found My Paint Color

s2.gifSo my buddy Jesse does upholstery, and a damn good job at that. He had a 68 camero sitting outside of his garage painted Daytona Sunset Metalic and I fell in love with the color. I didnt really like it much on the Corvetts but it looked great with some black stripes and chrome.. Here is a pic of the color. I know its a cheby color but its going to look bad ass..

Can Anyone photochop this color onto my baby? Had to ask..

s2.gifSo my buddy Jesse does upholstery, and a damn good job at that. He had a 68 camero sitting outside of his garage painted Daytona Sunset Metalic and I fell in love with the color. I didnt really like it much on the Corvetts but it looked great with some black stripes and chrome.. Here is a pic of the color. I know its a cheby color but its going to look bad ass..

Can Anyone photochop this color onto my baby? Had to ask..

I could try and fool around with it over the next day or so but as you can see by this test panel I have to add like a 300% red value before I even get close to that color and because your current paint is in such bad shape with no gloss left to it (sorry, no offense just a tehnical photoshop issue) it is really never going to look like the color in that camaro pic, all the flaws will show even more and it will appear as lousy rattle can spray job.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3373&d=1217440188

The best bet if you want something more accurate would be to find another car like yours in restored condition, preferably in a more neutral shade as changing opposite spectrums from green to red is not easy, and start from there. If it's at the same angle as any of your pics or you could find a late model pic with those rims at the same angle than we can chop those on to alot easier.

I could try and fool around with it over the next day or so but as you can see by this test panel I have to add like a 300% red value before I even get close to that color and because your current paint is in such bad shape with no gloss left to it (sorry, no offense just a tehnical photoshop issue) it is really never going to look like the color in that camaro pic, all the flaws will show even more and it will appear as lousy rattle can spray job.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3373&d=1217440188

The best bet if you want something more accurate would be to find another car like yours in restored condition, preferably in a more neutral shade as changing opposite spectrums from green to red is not easy, and start from there. If it's at the same angle as any of your pics or you could find a late model pic with those rims at the same angle than we can chop those on to alot easier.

Hey Pak, I would do it myself but I am a pretty lazy, but if u deepen the opacity of the paint and then just use your color selector tool and do a mixture of the light and dark tones of the paint from the pic. then just use the common select tool to highlight all the green paint and just use your paint bucket to fill it all in at once. Just thought I'd help.

Hey Pak, I would do it myself but I am a pretty lazy, but if u deepen the opacity of the paint and then just use your color selector tool and do a mixture of the light and dark tones of the paint from the pic. then just use the common select tool to highlight all the green paint and just use your paint bucket to fill it all in at once. Just thought I'd help.

Well hey thanks but I'm pretty lazy too and I think my suggestion is a lot easier.:biggrin:

Well hey thanks but I'm pretty lazy too and I think my suggestion is a lot easier.:biggrin: