Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Looks like I'll need some new 17" rim ideas.......

I'm about fed up and pissed off with American Racing and their new AR500 wheel (more on that in my original thread) so it looks like my search has to begin all over again. So let's see what you have or what you like.

My ideal criteria is that it be 17", available in 8" and 9.5" wide with 4.5"bs and 5.5-6" bs respectively or allows custom backspace if not and in the $300 a piece +/- price range. I absolutely am not interested in anything that has that torq thrust type of look to it either and I prefer the design not be too open since I will still be running drums out back.

For those who aren't already aware, this is what I was going to get, the AR500:

m500.jpg

And this is the only other style they offer that I am currently considering as an alternate, the Hopster:

m550.jpg

I'm about fed up and pissed off with American Racing and their new AR500 wheel (more on that in my original thread) so it looks like my search has to begin all over again. So let's see what you have or what you like.

My ideal criteria is that it be 17", available in 8" and 9.5" wide with 4.5"bs and 5.5-6" bs respectively or allows custom backspace if not and in the $300 a piece +/- price range. I absolutely am not interested in anything that has that torq thrust type of look to it either and I prefer the design not be too open since I will still be running drums out back.

For those who aren't already aware, this is what I was going to get, the AR500:

m500.jpg

And this is the only other style they offer that I am currently considering as an alternate, the Hopster:

m550.jpg

If the Hopster center cap is the same as they use on the Torq models (and it looks like it is) then I'm thinking it could be an interesting look with a set of these center caps as well.

HB732.jpg

If the Hopster center cap is the same as they use on the Torq models (and it looks like it is) then I'm thinking it could be an interesting look with a set of these center caps as well.

HB732.jpg

Wow, 54 views and no 2 bit opinions, amazing.:scared:

One thing that would be kind of cool about the Hopster is they make a matching steering wheel. Not that I am unhappy with my cheapo Grant one but it could a nice addition.

0000000690-prod.jpg

Wow, 54 views and no 2 bit opinions, amazing.:scared:

One thing that would be kind of cool about the Hopster is they make a matching steering wheel. Not that I am unhappy with my cheapo Grant one but it could a nice addition.

0000000690-prod.jpg

Just an idea.... photoshop my centerlines & black out the satin areas. looks ALOT like a magnum 500. that's one reason i decided on these. $199 ea. 17x8 up front, 17x9.5 in the rear made to my b.s. specs & lug pattern. took about 6 weeks to get though, as they are made to order with the specs

Just an idea.... photoshop my centerlines & black out the satin areas. looks ALOT like a magnum 500. that's one reason i decided on these. $199 ea. 17x8 up front, 17x9.5 in the rear made to my b.s. specs & lug pattern. took about 6 weeks to get though, as they are made to order with the specs

hey pak, i sent you an email with an attachment of a chop i did of a salt flat special wheel but for whatever reason i can't post a psd. file here without it screwing up and locking up my internet explorer. anyway, if you can figure it out cuold you post it here? i'd like to see what everyone else thinks of it too.