Sign in to follow this  
69grandecj

VMOA show pictures

Here are some pictures of some '69/'70s that were at the Vintage Mustang Owners Association 31st annual show in Cupertino, California. I came away with a 1st Place in my class and a Best Interior Award.

DSC00564.JPG

DSC00563.JPG

DSC00562.JPG

DSC00561.JPG

DSC00560.JPG

DSC00559.JPG

DSC00558.JPG

very cool and congrats on the awards. i want the wheels from the red 69 mach in space 42, can you help me out with some midnite auto work? LOL :biggrin:

Ugg, I hope you are kidding. My very first thought when glancing thru the pics was how those rims totally ruined the look of that car.

So congrats on the win, what was your class?

Ugg, I hope you are kidding. My very first thought when glancing thru the pics was how those rims totally ruined the look of that car.

sorry Pak, but those wheels are classics. do you not remember the old wheels i had on the stang? same wheels just with different offsets. his tires are actually a little big so may be why they don't look quite right. IMO those wheels were part of what started the whole "Pro touring", "G-Machine" build style. the same wheels that came on the Trans Am GTA, Buick GNX, BMW's, Lincoln MKVII LSC, Saleen used those wheels for several years and a ton of 80's and early 90's muscle cars, plus 60's and 70's muscle car Street Machines in the same time frame as well as more SCCA race cars than i can count.

i'll be using the ones i had on the stang before on the cougar too and i don't care who doesn't like them.....i love those wheels and they'll be perfect for how i'm building the car. in fact Mercury actually was the first one to use this style of wheel on the 68 cougar XR7-G, it was specially made for them by Rader Wheel Corporation. unfortunately most of them were recalled due to leaks around the rivets holding the center to the rim but a few survived and are some of the rarest factory wheels ever released to the public, mine are not exact copies of the original Rader wheel but they are very similar so they are appropriate for a cougar IMO.

see what you did Pak....you made write another novel....:biggrin:

The class was '69/'70 Coupes. There were six cars in the class, which is surprising. Those two convertibles were in their own class with the green one winning.

BTW Pak. I don't like those rims either. They are a bitch to clean to.

Good, I'm not alone then. A BMW or any of those 80's-90's cars I can see but they just look totally out of place here to me, "classics" or not.

Bryan still thinks his classic mullet is a viable look though too so I can over look his inherantly bad taste I guess.:tongue_smilie:

Good, I'm not alone then. A BMW or any of those 80's-90's cars I can see but they just look totally out of place here to me, "classics" or not.

Bryan still thinks his classic mullet is a viable look though too so I can over look his inherantly bad taste I guess.:tongue_smilie:

naw...mullet's gone. finally cut it off a couple years ago. if i could grow my hair out all one length again i'd do that but it just curld up in the front and the back grows pretty straight, the bitches of getting old i guess.