Sign in to follow this  
DeadStang

Beating a dead horse--final tire size ? from me.

OK, I searched and can't find the tire size post. Costco is having a sale and I need to get a set of tires on my green Mach before it goes out for a serious front-end overhaul and final alignment.

The set-up is a stock suspension 1969 with the factory 14" chrome styled steel wheels. I am not going to lower the front or modify it in any way. I prefer the fattest tires possible w/o rubbing (obviously), and I like the looks of a tall sidewall, that fills the wheel well but is not freaky looking. No air shocks to jack up the back and increase clearance.

Opinions/recommendations so I can order and put this issue to rest (for me at least)? The car I am working on is not the red Mach in my sig pic, which has 15" wheels and the fattest tires I've ever owned on a Mustang. BTW, this red Mustang is dead and waits patiently in my garage to be resurrected.

What size wheels and tires are you running on the Red one in you sig. They look really "Fat".

They are very "fat!" It's too bad that the wheels are so crappy--I'll probably try and figure out the size and back spacing of the wheels and buy a new set. This, of course, after I actually drive this car and make sure they don't rub.

I'll have to go to storage and see what size the tires are for you, tho, as I don't know off the top of my head.

I haven't driven the car yet, it's in the panel shop and the motor is in 3 different locations. I did have my 15X10 Magnum 500s with Hankook 295/50/15 on the rear, and we were able to roll the car quite easily and it did clear. On inspection though, I can squeeze my finger bnetween tyre and inne wheel guard, and the bump stop plate need to be trimmed down, I will get pics in the next week or so.

David