Sign in to follow this  

Hydraulic clutch or cable?

My car is finally painted and the new engine is in. I ordered the JMC hydraulic clutch kit for my Tremec 3550 back in February and they are still backordered. Does anybody know if anyone else sells this conversion kit? I really don't want to put the old linkage or a cable in.

I am in the same boat. I have planned on installing a hydraulic clutch kit for my project from day one. Now that I'm ready to buy, there isn't a kit to be had in the entire country. I know these have been pieced together by some, but I'm the type who NEEDS the kit. I just ordered a Modern Driveline cable kit instead. I am running Hooker super comps and hope that the cable will last. With no date in sight for production of the hydraulic kits I felt like if I wanted to drive the car anytime soon I really had no choice.

I've had a JMC kit on order since January, I'm going to call them up and yell at them some more. I was told it was a spacer they needed to have machined almost 2 months ago, then last week when I called they said they were boxing up 250 kits to send out. I still haven't seen it.

I have the stuff to make a cable conversion but I have headers and don't want a melted cable. I may proceed with what I have but I'd prefer not to.

If JMC's supplier is shutting down, I'm going to cancel the order. I'm looking at the Keisler kit, holy crap are they expensive! (compared to JMC, it's $200 more)

I have the Keisler setup with the hydraulic cable / clutch. While it was a bitch to install (bellhouse issues) I have to say it has performed perfectly. Very easy operation and the real nice feature is the line is self bleeding.