Sign in to follow this  
jgstang

trickflowTW heads

found a set of used alum heads for 1,000 with less than 5000 miles and the guy says that they were ported from trickflow ? does this look like a good porting job ? and what to check for before buying them.he had them cleaned and pressure tested a few days ago.....thanks

trickflowheads1.jpg

trickflowheads2.jpg

trickflowheads3.jpg

found a set of used alum heads for 1,000 with less than 5000 miles and the guy says that they were ported from trickflow ? does this look like a good porting job ? and what to check for before buying them.he had them cleaned and pressure tested a few days ago.....thanks

trickflowheads1.jpg

trickflowheads2.jpg

trickflowheads3.jpg

They look good, I would have the valves, valve seats and valve springs checked to make sure they're solid, if they are the ones that TF includes in their complete package, it should handle well over .500 lift so plenty of choices for a cam to match them. Are the roller rockers included? Ditch the pushrods and get new hardened ones, Ford Racing has good ones fairly cheap.

They look good, I would have the valves, valve seats and valve springs checked to make sure they're solid, if they are the ones that TF includes in their complete package, it should handle well over .500 lift so plenty of choices for a cam to match them. Are the roller rockers included? Ditch the pushrods and get new hardened ones, Ford Racing has good ones fairly cheap.

you can buy brand new twisted wedge heads for about $1200, i've never heard of factory ported TW heads before, but that doesn't mean they don't exist but i'd be a little skeptical about that personally. if it were me, i think i'd try get them cheaper or just buy a new set.

you can buy brand new twisted wedge heads for about $1200, i've never heard of factory ported TW heads before, but that doesn't mean they don't exist but i'd be a little skeptical about that personally. if it were me, i think i'd try get them cheaper or just buy a new set.

I picked up a never run set of o-ring heads with pushrods and roller rockers for $1,000 so that should be close. There are CNC ported options for TW heads now but I have to agree that doesn't look like a CNC job from what I see of the pics.

I picked up a never run set of o-ring heads with pushrods and roller rockers for $1,000 so that should be close. There are CNC ported options for TW heads now but I have to agree that doesn't look like a CNC job from what I see of the pics.

no these heads were not computered CNCed, they were ported by trickflow he says ? i think someone else did it! well i called TF and asked about these heads because btween the valves they had slight cracks that didn't go through to the seats and i though that this isn't right....well TF tect dept says that its very commun for this on the TW heads! but i still took them to a machine shop and the valves were not seating good and aleast the one head was warpped almost 9 ths so as much as i liked the neat porting job i took them back....i think i will just buy some new ones!!

no these heads were not computered CNCed, they were ported by trickflow he says ? i think someone else did it! well i called TF and asked about these heads because btween the valves they had slight cracks that didn't go through to the seats and i though that this isn't right....well TF tect dept says that its very commun for this on the TW heads! but i still took them to a machine shop and the valves were not seating good and aleast the one head was warpped almost 9 ths so as much as i liked the neat porting job i took them back....i think i will just buy some new ones!!

oh my god....i've been priceing these heads and for ported ones 1600 and up WOW. i keep thinking that mybe i should have those others fixed but then i think is that the way to go ? i know that getting new ones is probably best but man there exspensive! i called F-P-S.com because another member recommended them, they advertize them for 995. but he said that they haven't updated there website and now its 1296. and another 700. for CNC , 2000 for heads.....damn

oh my god....i've been priceing these heads and for ported ones 1600 and up WOW. i keep thinking that mybe i should have those others fixed but then i think is that the way to go ? i know that getting new ones is probably best but man there exspensive! i called F-P-S.com because another member recommended them, they advertize them for 995. but he said that they haven't updated there website and now its 1296. and another 700. for CNC , 2000 for heads.....damn