Sign in to follow this  
d.reese

Not a stang, but my goat progress!

For those who recall, been hot and heavy on my other project.

Been hexed with this new vista e-mail on editing photos for this site, but got it now!!

As you can see, its moving along since finished with the stang. Should be easier since I took it down and bagged and tagged all pc's for re install. The stang showed up with lots of boxs with bolts, brackets and stuff! Would of been really hard to restore with out all the help on here!

I don't believe it will come out as nice as the stang, due to so much rust repair! Should be finished next year some time if the $ are there to move forward!

Looking good!! You should have yourself a nice ride when done. In a way I wish our Stangs had a full frame and you could lift the body off. Sure would make it easy compared to fixing a rusty uni-body ( not that fixing any rusty car is easy) and more important there would be no shock towers to crack and rust. Anyways nice Goat.

get that damn nanny goat outta here....it's disturbing the herd, LOL. looking good, i saw a gorgeous medium blue (i wanna say bahama blue, is that right?) 67 goat at a small local show this past saturday, man what a gorgeous car that was. it was almost like the goat version of my car. that medium blue with a black vinyl top and black interior. of course his had a set of Rallye II wheels with some bitchin' redline radials on it...super nice car and one of, if not the top, of my favorites from that show. interestingly enough my top 5 were all GM cars and one Mopar. a wicked 69 396 nova with an ls6 454 in dark metallic green with a white top and white interior and the chevy version of the painted magnum 500, a carousel red 69 GTO with an RA-IV 400 and ther requisite rallye II's, a 70 monte carlo, white with a black top and black and white interior with some 17" billet wheels with 245/45's up front and 275/40's out back and an original (restored) 65 Dodge Coronet with a a 426 hemi and 4 speed in pale yellow with a black interior, this car would have been a tie with the 67 goat but it's been around a while and he drives it a lot, and it's starting to show that he drives it a lot. there were only a coule of cool fords, there was a 55-56 f-100 that was given the 01 harley f-150 look alike treatment inside and out, well themed that way anyway it didn't have any actual HD f-150 pieces on it but it was definitely designed around one in black and silver with black interior and orange accents and the HD crest in the seats and console lid and a late 80's/early 90's GT that had been given a sort of saleen/svo look to it and that was about it for cool fords, at least cool ones i hadn't seen a million times before or that weren't street rods street rods aren't really my thing, though there was a pretty cool yellow 5-window coupe that had a cool milner vibe except for the small block chevy and there was an ok 57 ranchero but it had an aftermarket sunroof, chrome cobra R wheels and a funky but well done charcoal/teal paint job with a tan (i think) interior, it just didn't really grab me ya know, and that was pretty much it for the fords. there was a super sweet looking 70 442 that i got a short view of but he split before the show was over and before i got a chance to really check it out, that could have been a number 1 or 2 pick if he hadn't left early. if i didn't drive a ford the mest on the list would be an olds and if my grand dad hadn't dies when i was 5 i might be as die hard an olds guy as he was, sadly he wasn't around long enough to make a real car impression on me, but i've always wanted a 442 or H/O of just about any year anyway.